Benefits of Summer Camps
- Camping without parents pushes kids to try new activities and experiences outside of their comfort zone.
- It’s a great opportunity to discover themselves and find new hobbies or passions to take home.
- Kids figuring things out for themselves at summer camp are more likely to find things that make them happy or places where they excel.
- Children and teens develop strong social skills as they communicate with new people and work together as teammates and as leaders.
- The responsibilities of camp life are new and different and challenge youth to step into more maturity and responsibility in a safe environment. The summer camp experience teaches campers the consequences and results of making their own decisions with the safety net of trained counsellors.
- Kids learn what works and what doesn’t and discover more about themselves and the world around them in a way that fosters greater independence and self-reliance. Instead of parental dependency, campers learn to look to their peers for support and cooperation outside of normal academic life.